Tuesday, April 30, 2013

USAPL Nebraska State Powerlifting Meet 4-27-13

I started having some allergy issues on 4-21, and it turned into a sinus infection.  On top of that this meet was drug tested so I was not able to really take anything to help.  My numbers weren't quite what I had hoped for, and I'm sure that was part of the reason.

Squat
507 (230 kg) - felt heavier than it should have
545 (247.5 kg) - I knew from this squat that I was not going to hit anywhere near the 580 or so I'd hoped for
561 (255 kg) - I just let myself lose tightness, and forgot to get my eyes up.  I missed this when I was like 3/4 of the way up.

After squatting I started to feel really shaky and all together not good.  I drank a bunch of water to try to help, but still felt the same going into benching.

Bench
352 (160 kg) - easy
380 (172.5 kg) - this actually felt pretty easy too
402 (182.5 kg) - I got stuck.  This was probably a combination of just not being as strong of bencher as I should be, feeling awful, and not being able to really feel good with the setup.

After this I drank like half a gallon of ice water, and they also turned some ventilation fans on to get the air moving.  Just cooling down a little bit made me feel a ton better going into deadlifting.

Deadlift
I was feeling kind of apprehensive about my opener, so I started warming up way to early just to make sure I didn't need to change it.  After working up to a super easy 545, I decided to leave it alone.

605 (275 kg) - smoked it
650 (295 kg) - easy - I was actually only going to go somewhere around 630, but Mike Taylor had me go higher.  I'm glad I did.
678 (307.5 kg) - I maybe should have gone a little bit lighter, but Mike picked this weight and I trust his judgement based on how I had looked.  I pulled it to just about my knees pretty quick, then just ran out of gas to get it any further and lock it out.

This just gives me some numbers to shoot for in September when I compete again.  I would like to go 585-600, 400+, and 675-700.

No comments:

Post a Comment